tinc 1.1pre17 on fedora 30

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Aug 26 13:27:59 CEST 2019

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 02:41:03PM +0200, Christopher Klinge wrote:

> I am trying to run tinc version 1.1pre17 on fedora 30 hosts and I am running
> into a problem. Building and starting tinc works just fine.
[...]
> However, the hosts cannot connect to each other. When checking the logs, the
> following appears over and over again, for any combination of hosts:
>
> Error while connecting to node04 (<redacted> port 655): Permission denied

That sounds like there is a local firewall rule that blocks outgoing
TCP connections to <redacted> port 655. Either that, or the Address
statement in hosts/node04 contains an error, so that it thinks it's a
broadcast address.

Check if you can manually connect to node04's address port 655 using the
socket or telnet commands.