Tinc routing question

cr0n cr0n at cypherpunks.cc
Thu Jan 25 10:07:14 CET 2018

Hi Guus,

Thanks for the clarification.

>> If I could somehow tell A to send packets for D always via B (and not
>> via E): Would B try to directly connect to D in order to forward packets
>> from A to D? Or would B forward A's packets for D to C (because of its
>> meta connection to C)?
>
> If B can make a direct UDP connection to D, then it will use that,
> otherwise it will try to forward packets via C.

I changed my node configuration to establish a single meta connection
between A and B with ConnectTo instead of AutoConnect (so no meta
connection between A and E exist anymore). Since B is able to directly
connect to D with UDP, all data packets from A to D are now forwarded by
B directly to D.

That is exactly what I wanted.

Many Thanks!

cr0n