1.1pre16 multiple address behavior

Parke parke.nexus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:36:31 CET 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 2:38 PM Jonathan Knezek
<jonathan.knezek at ampthink.com> wrote:
>   Subnet = ...
>   Address = ...LAN_IP...
>   Address = ...WAN_IP...
>
> In 1.1pre15 eventually my machine would establish a meta-connection to the WAN IP, but after the upgrade my log looks like this:
>
>   Timeout while connecting to remoteness (LAN_IP port 655)
>   Closing connection with remoteness (LAN_IP port 655)
>   Could not set up a meta connection to remoteness
>   Trying to connect to remoteness (LAN_IP port 655)
>   Timeout while connecting to remoteness (LAN_IP port 655)
>   Closing connection with remoteness (LAN_IP port 655)
>   Could not set up a meta connection to remoteness
>   Trying to connect to remoteness (LAN_IP port 655)
>   Timeout while connecting to remoteness (LAN_IP port 655)
>   Closing connection with remoteness (LAN_IP port 655)
>   Could not set up a meta connection to remoteness
>   ...ad infinitum

I have encountered the same behavior in 1.1~pre17.

tincd only ever tries to use the first Address in the host config
file.  tincd ignores the second Address line.

All my hosts have IPv4 addresses, but (due to a firewall I do not
control), one pair of hosts can only connect to each other via their
IPv6 addresses.

I was hoping that this pair of hosts would failover to a second
Address line, but they do not.

I was also hoping to use the same set of hosts files on all hosts.
But due to tincd only ever trying the first Address in the config
file, it looks like I will have to install different sets of config
files on different hosts.

Cheers,

Parke