Advertising a Public IP address

Keith Whyte keith at rhizomatica.org
Mon May 22 21:23:50 CEST 2017

On 22 May 2017 16:30:49 CEST, David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote:

>the config files can use DNS names, right? Have the nodes that you
>want to advertise their public IP addresses
>sign up with Dyndns or similar, presto done.

Unfortunately it does not make any difference. I have static IPs and DNS
here anyway, but regardless of what is in the nodeB config file, nodeA
is telling the other tinc daemons to look for nodeB at 192.168.1.3,
presumably because that is where nodeA is seeing it.

In fact, it might be good in some scenarios to be able to change this
behaviour as it also causes traffic from all nodes to unreachable addresses.

Thanks.