Advertising a Public IP address

hvjunk hvjunk at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:22:23 CEST 2017

AFAIK, and my setups thus far, unless you have NodeB’s public key in Nodes C-Z (with NodeB’s public/reachable IP configured in Nodes C-Z) *and* you have the PublicKeys for NodesC-z configured in NodeB, there is no way that NodesC-Z will be able to establish a connection directly with NodeB, and it’ll have to forward via NodeA (or any other node that do have a direct connection established with NodeB using it’s keys etc)

Understand it like this: for any two nodes to have a *direct* connection, they need to share the other’s Public Key to properly authenticate each other. It is a function of the security choices for TINC.