How can I change the speed of tun interface?

Bright Zhao startryst at gmail.com
Thu May 18 06:15:12 CEST 2017

Hi, experts

I found the tun0 is 10Mb/s and I installed vnstat to monitor the tinc vpn traffic statistic, but due to 10Mb/s, the vnstat couldn’t update it’s database due to low speed rate, so anyway to change the tun from10Mb/s to higher?

[root at box1 ~]# vnstat -u
Info: Traffic rate for "myvpn" higher than set maximum 10 Mbit (248->341, r735 t38), syncing.

[root at box1 ~]# ethtool myvpn
Settings for myvpn:
	Supported ports: [ ]
	Supported link modes:   Not reported
	Supported pause frame use: No
	Supports auto-negotiation: No
	Advertised link modes:  Not reported
	Advertised pause frame use: No
	Advertised auto-negotiation: No
	Speed: 10Mb/s
	Duplex: Full
	Port: Twisted Pair
	PHYAD: 0
	Transceiver: internal
	Auto-negotiation: off
	MDI-X: Unknown
	Current message level: 0xffffffa1 (-95)
			       drv ifup tx_err tx_queued intr tx_done rx_status pktdata hw wol 0xffff8000
	Link detected: yes