Receiving packet failed: (10054) (2nd post)

Рысь lynx at lynxlynx.ru
Mon Sep 26 13:54:11 CEST 2016

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 07:46:36 +0000
Henk <henk на innomeer.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem connecting to one of my computers using tinc 1.0.x
> on Windows. It used to work, now it suddenly stopped (and nothing
> changed :) )

When something worked for a long time but now it's not, then there was
a change. It's time to determine where!

> We have a server with a known ip address and port forwarding set.
> All computer connect to this server.
> I can ping from my computer (laptophenk) to the server and some other
> computers but not to jeffrey2015. When I set tincd to  -D -d4 I get
> ( I left out a lot of data of course) UDP address of vpnserver set
> to ...... port 655
>
> UDP address of jeffrey2015 set to ...... port 655
> Got ANS_KEY from vpnserver (..... port 655): 16 jeffrey2015
> laptophenk F.....E 91 64 4 5 ..... 33487 Using reflexive UDP address
> from jeffrey2015: .... port 33487 UDP address of jeffrey2015 set
> to ..... port 33487 Receiving packet failed: (10054) An existing
> connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. Receiving packet
> failed: (10054) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
> remote host. Receiving packet failed: (10054) An existing connection
> was forcibly closed by the remote host. Receiving packet failed:
> (10054) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote
> host. Receiving packet failed: (10054) An existing connection was
> forcibly closed by the remote host.

Check that your tinc keys are not damaged on both parties, and also
that the host files are intact.

> I have tried to set the connection to TCPOnly (I know it is
> deprecated). I don't get the error, but still can't ping jeffrey2015.
> All computers are on separate internet connections  behind their own
> modem/router. All computers run without the Microsoft firewall, or
> any other Windows firewall.

Windows Firewall may place it's own rules that can ban tinc activity
for no reason. Check that your network policy is correct too
(home/work/public).

> Get somebody shed some light on my problem?
> How can a connection be closed when all data is send using UDP?

Tinc runs both TCP and UDP: TCP for reliable control and UDP for main
traffic data.