Fwd: Configure HA VPN using tinc at AWS

Stanislav Krasnoyarov stanislav.krasnoyarov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:55:59 CEST 2016

Actually I was wrong on masquerading. I've set it up the other way to
masquerade packets from tinc3 to the internet via tinc1/tinc2.

Subnet = 172.31.0.0/16 is there for both tinc1 and tinc2 as well as route
for tinc3. I can reach any private instance from tinc3.

> the return packet from tinc3 should end up back at tinc1, not tinc2.
I suspect tinc doesn't reply to the same node, but uses generic rules to
resolve destination.

Anyway since masquerading is off the table then any route should work fine.
Let me run a few more tcpdumps.

ᐧ