Tinc 1.0.24 regulary disconnected

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Jul 25 18:41:40 CEST 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 07:04:08AM +0700, John Lewis wrote:

> Promox 4.2 running on 2 nodes + 1 quorum = total 3 servers.
> All of them have tinc 1.0.24 running.
>
> On very rare occasions (every few days or 1~2 weeks), my website hosted on
> this proxmox node will throw cloudflare 522 connection timed out for few
> seconds or few minutes:
> https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171906-Error-522-Connection-timed-out
>
> This problem has been driving me crazy. I'm not sure, but I suspect this is
> caused by tinc vpn that somehow got disconnected.

I don't see anything wrong with your configuration. I'd first make sure
that it is actually tinc that got disconnected. Start tinc with
debugging enabled (at least debug level 1, which logs (dis)connections,
although level 3 may be more informative). If there is no disconnection
going on when you get the connection timeouts, then try to find out what
is going on during that time.