How does tinc server handle the case one client's key file is removed after connection

Heng Wang jason.wangh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 18:16:36 CEST 2016

Hi Guys,

Say when tinc is running all good, the "server" contains all the key files
of clients.
If we remove the key file for client A during run, how long before does
server find out the key
file is gone? I see a "KeyExpire" option in the conf file, is this the time?

In my own experiment, the client will still be able to connect to the tinc
network even if the key file is being removed. Of course the connection
will be gone if I restart tinc server on the client side.

Thank you.
Heng