Change default Server ports

Guillermo Bisheimer gbisheimer at bys-control.com.ar
Thu Dec 29 20:46:50 CET 2016

I'm using Tinc 1.1pre14 and I'm trying to connect a node that is behind a
firewall that blocks all non-standard ports.

I set up a rule in the server to redirect port 25 (that is not used in the
server right now) to port 655, both in tcp and udp protocols, and set up
the port 25 in the server host configuration file.

The client can reach the server, but after the initial sync and key
exchange using TCP using port 25, it tries to make UDP connections to port
655 instead of 25. The tunnel is never built and I cannot reach the client.

I remember to have the same setup using tinc 1.0.x and it was working fine,
but I'm unable to test it now. Is there a chance that tinc ignores the
specified port and uses de default 655 port for UDP connections?

Thanks!
--

*Ing. Guillermo Bisheimer*

*B&S Sistemas de Control y Equipamientos*

Av. de los Constituyentes 1172

(E3116CIX) Crespo, Entre Ríos

Tel/Fax: (0343) 407-8990 (Nuevo número)

Cel: (0343) 154679052