Compression not working between 1.1pre11 and 1.1pre14

Peter Schulze ps at mailsnake.com
Thu Dec 29 13:47:15 CET 2016

Hello

I have currently a larger network deployed using 1.1pre11.
I have now tried to use 1.1pre14 on a remote system, but I have problems to
make it work with compression enabled.

It appears that a 1pre14 client cannot talk to a 1.1pre11 server with
compression enabled, even though the tunnel is being established with no
errors.

I have tried both lzo and zlib with various levels, none works.

It is however possible to ping through the tunnel, presumably because ICMP
packets are not being compressed.

The connection does work correctly when I disable compression (Compression =
0) at both ends.

A test also shows that 1pre14 to 1pre14 connections work with compression
enabled.

Thanks

Peter