Define which host to use when direct link not possible?

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Tue Aug 30 14:38:16 CEST 2016

Hello all,

we use a meshed VPN with TINC to connect 7 offices.
Some office are in other countries and use other ISPs. The connection
between some ISPs (peering partners) are not that good. This means we
have packet loss between those direct connections.

To avoid this direct connection, I would like to tell TINC to use
a defined other host to route the packets to.
E.g.
instead of doing direct office-1 to office-2, send always packets
for office-2 to office-5 (because connection with office-5 is very stable).

Is there a way to configure TINC to not use direct connection
for one host, but use a specified, other host for that?

thanks in advance

Armin