No connect to/from other machines on remote ethernet

Quan Zhou qzhou at live.de
Tue Mar 31 15:12:09 CEST 2015

You are right, later that day I figured out it was due to a firewall issue, I fixed that by ` # ufw allow from tun1` and everything's cool!

Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:45:48 +0200
From: guus at tinc-vpn.org
To: tinc at tinc-vpn.org
Subject: Re: No connect to/from other machines on remote ethernet

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 05:16:29PM +0800, Quan Zhou wrote:

> I have finally got tinc working, but it’s only between server/client. Client can receive broadcast packets from server ethernet, and pings between them is fine.
>
> If I ping tinc client(192.168.88.166) from any machine in my server lan, 192.168.88.0/24, all packets timed out, and nothing received by the client. Any ideas? Thanks!

Is forwarding of packets enabled on the server? Check that
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward is 1 (if not, just run
echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4_ip_forward as root), and that your firewall
settings also allow traffic between eth0 and tun1 (iptables -L FORWARD).