Tinc and OpenWRT

Lance Fredrickson lancethepants at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 15:14:10 CET 2015

I'm a heavy tinc/router enthusiast.  I have a few binaries
(tinc1.1pre11) I've created for use in mipsel and arm routers available
at the following.
http://files.lancethepants.com/Binaries/tinc/
Statically compiled, and should work (unless perhaps you're using an
older MIPSR1 mipsel router which needs an older toolchain).

The scripts used to create these binaries are here if you'd like to
recreate them.
https://github.com/lancethepants/tinc-mipsel-static/blob/master/tinc.sh
https://github.com/lancethepants/tinc-arm-musl-static

The mipsel binaries use the entware toolchain, which in turn I believe
is borrowed from openwrt. The arm binaries are created from a musl libc
toolchain I like, also referenced on github.

I like tinc so much I made an integration with gui into builds of tomato
firmware.  I've provided some firmware images available for mipsel
devices also available on my site (the first link). Tomato shibby has
added my tinc gui into his mipsel and arm builds, but hasn't caught up
with my 1.1pre11 changes as of yet. More info and screenshots at the
following link.

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/tinc-mesh-vpn-beta-testing.70257/

Code for this project at the following links.
https://github.com/lancethepants/Toastman-Tinc
https://github.com/lancethepants/Toastman-Tinc-MIPSR1