[SOLVED] Re: TINC config files layout not human or script friendly

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Mon Jan 12 13:38:03 CET 2015

Other useful notes:

Using VirtualBox works like magic for testing your VPN configurations.

I was slightly distracted using vagrant to manage the VMs but I found
that using the command line for virtual box and the GUI VM manager in
Virtual box is just more obvious and provides greater control over the
network configurations.

Vagrant works nicely to download a OS image and get your first VM
started. But that is all I would recommend using vagrant for, creating
the first starter image.

Then use the VirtualBox GUI and the Headless command line to boot the
vms by name.  I am using sshpass in a start script to gracefully shut
down the VMS.

My primary recommendation for each node to use NAT on your first adapter
and then HOST ONLY adapters for all the rest, that way you will have
internet access but the entire CLUSTER of VMs will be able to talk to
each other.

Cheers,

md