Tincd fails to resolve domain names before it is started name resolution becomes available.

Florian Klink flokli at flokli.de
Mon Feb 9 10:57:05 CET 2015

Am 02.02.2015 um 19:32 schrieb Nicolás Reynolds:
> William Kennington <william-5Om/gJxqp8Dx9BLsLxWUfA at public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> Agreed.
>> On Feb 1, 2015 4:21 AM, "Etienne Dechamps" <etienne-ypMCQUleWbRvynnTyRI/EA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Considering how cheap that operation seems to be, would it make sense
>>> to call res_init() every time tinc retries a metaconnection? It's not
>>> doing that very often anyway... and it would solve the OP's problem.
>
> +1 we were running a networkmanager dispatcher[^1] for cases like this :)
>

> [^1]: https://github.com/fauno/librevpn/blob/develop/lib/skel/50_tincd

I have some hosts which converted to systemd-networkd (which doesn't
support hooks by now), and most of the time, tinc simply won't come up
after bootup (or won't be able to reconnect when the network is
changed), which is really ugly.

Having a local dns in front is somewhat hacky, I'd really love if tinc
would simply reload /etc/resolv.conf each time a new metaconnection is made.

Florian