Is there any some cases we can see ?

Martin Weinelt martin at darmstadt.freifunk.net
Thu Dec 31 16:21:58 CET 2015

The Freifunk Intercity-VPN has about 103 nodes as of today in
Switch-Mode (L2), connecting most of the german Freifunk communities
with each other, via both IPv4 and IPv6.

We use it to peer via BGP and route not only Freifunk, but also DN42 and
ChaosVPN traffic.

While we need L2 for BGP Peerings I'd recommend, for scalability
reasons, to use tincs router mode, if you don't need such a
decentralized network. In Freifunk many poeple maintain their own network.

https://github.com/freifunk/icvpn
https://github.com/freifunk/icvpn-meta
https://github.com/freifunk/icvpn-scripts