Packet loss when using multiple subnet#weight entries

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sat Dec 5 16:10:47 CET 2015

Hello Guus,

On 11/18/2015 11:22 AM, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 08:25:28AM +0100, Armin Schindler wrote:
>
>> But I have a question regarding "Subnet=" possibilities. When I have more than
>> one Server acting as host for VMs and need to have automatic routing to
>> all VMs on these servers, can I use tinc to create this routing automatically?
>>
>> My idea is to have a script which is started when a VM is started/stopped
>> which will add/remove an Subnet=x.x.x.x/32 entry for this VMs IP address in
>> the local hosts file of that node and send a HUP signal to tincd.
>> Will tinc announce this new routing destination to all other nodes immediately?
>
> Yes, that will work. It might be a bit easier of you use the tinc 1.1
> prerelease, or at least use the "tinc" command from 1.1, so you can add
> and remove subnets simply by running:
>
> tinc -n <netname> add Subnet x.x.x.x/32
>
> If you are running a 1.1preX tincd, it will automatically get notified,
> if you are running a 1.0.x tincd, you have to do "tincd -n <netname>
> -kHUP" to have it update its Subnets.

it doesn't work. tincd doesn't reread the its hosts config file to
get the new Subnet settings.
I rewrote the hosts/<my host> file (adding a Subnet) and sent
the HUP signal. But with USR2 signal, each node and the local itself
doesn't show anything about the new Subnet entry.
Did I miss something?
I need to stay with version 1.0.

Armin