multiple nodes/servers

Maxim Vorontsov 6012030 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 09:23:36 CEST 2015

Hi.

In general, you don't need to have 50 keys in /etc/tinc/hosts.

In default Mode you can have nodes A, B, C and X, Y, Z.
Node A have keys from B, C and X, and node X have keys from Y, Z and A.

In that case node B can work with node Z without distributing keys between
them.

You can read about modes in tinc manual -
http://tinc-vpn.org/documentation-1.1/Main-configuration-variables.html#Main-configuration-variables

If you want to use only one key pair, it should work. You just need to set
right filename for public key file on each node. And probably edit
variables in this file - Subnet, for example.
But in my opinion, it is damn bad practice.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 7:03 PM, bo Morris <bo at bomorris.com> wrote:

> Greetings, I hope this message finds you well?
>
> First off, thank you for a great product.
>
> Is it possible to generate one key pair? This way I only have to copy one
> set of files over to the nodes. For instance I have roughly 50 machines
> that I need in the mesh network. I want to be able to create 1 master key
> pair and distribute that master key pair to all the nodes. This way the
> nodes can all communicate and I do not have to waste time building 50 keys
> and transferring those 50 keys back and forth allowing the nodes to
> communicate with each other.
>
> Thank you in advance for your time.
>
> Bo

brgds