[Teckids supraadmin] Reliability of Tinc under load

Dominik George dominik.george at teckids.org
Wed Oct 29 14:50:37 CET 2014

Hi,

> You can confirm what tinc is doing by running it with max log level
> (-d5). The log will show tinc nodes exchanging PMTU probes. It will
> also show oversized packets being rejected.

What I do see are some of those, periodically:

Packet from terra (85.25.239.51 port 655) is 127 seqs in the future,
dropped (1)

I assume this is the expected effect of the Wifi link or something else
dropping packets and should not be fatal to a tunneled TCP session.

-nik

--
Dominik George (Vorstandsvorsitzender, Pädagogischer Leiter)
Teckids e.V. - Erkunden, Entdecken, Erfinden.