[Announcement] Tinc version 1.1pre10 released

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue Feb 11 14:32:45 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:22:17AM -0200, Raul Dias wrote:

> Feeling a 1.0pre deja vu.

Yep :)

> Is this the final protocol or might be some changes before 1.1 final?
>
> Upgrading 30+ nodes from 1.0 were easier as it didn't have to be done at
> once.

Only when 1.1.0 will be released will the protocol be final. There will
probably be a few more changes to the protocol before then. If you have a
network with 30+ nodes, I can see the problem. I suggest that you explicitly
set ExperimentalProtocol = no in tinc.conf on most or all of your nodes. That
way, they will use the old and stable protocol but you still get most of the
new features of tinc 1.1.

If you want to have a few nodes of your VPN use the new protocol, don't put
ExperimentalProtocol = no in their tinc.conf, but instead, on those nodes,
remove the ECDSAPublicKey from the host config files of nodes that will not be
using the new protocol.