1.1pre9 seg faults

Sven-Haegar Koch haegar at sdinet.de
Fri Feb 7 17:12:35 CET 2014

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014, Guus Sliepen wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 11:09:03AM -0200, Raul Dias wrote:
>
> > I am upgrading a VPn from 1.0 to 1.1.
> >
> > For Wheezy hosts I am rebuilding the src-deb package in experimental.
> > Everything is going fine, except for the only host which is i386.
> >
> > I don't think this says much:
> > tincd[457]: segfault at 8500000 ip b742d7f9 sp bfc73c88 error 4 in
> > libc-2.13.so[b73b8000+15c000]
> >
> > Any directions are appreciated.
>
> Can you run a binary with debugging symbols, and with coredumps enabled, and
> then when it segfaults again, create a backtrace with gdb and send that to me?

Also perhaps try a later git version than the 1.1-pre9 from Debian
Experimental - there were some cases of crashes fixed afterwards.

Guus, how about doing a 1.1-pre10? There have been quite some changes
and fixes, but more important -pre9 vs later git use incompatible SPTPS
protocols and can't talk to each other unless you disable
ExperimentalProtocol.

c'ya
sven-haegar

--
Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
- Ben F.