tinc reload not establishing new connections

Anil Moris anilmoris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:14:21 CET 2014

I have a use case where I have to add new "ConnectTo=host" in tinc.conf and
reload tinc. This is to make sure existing connections do not get
disconnected.
I use ...
/usr/local/sbin/tinc --pidfile /var/run/tinc.vpn.pid -n vpn reload
this works for most part, however, I am now seeing instance where I have to
do a restart instead of reload. New connection works after a restart.

Is there a better way to ensure that new ConnectTo are established without
having to do a full restart? Objective is to make sure existing connections
do not get disrupted in any way.

Thanks,
Anil.