Windows TAP Problems?

Etienne Dechamps etienne at edechamps.fr
Tue Dec 16 00:04:31 CET 2014

You are almost certainly hitting this TAP driver issue:
https://github.com/OpenVPN/tap-windows6/issues/3

There are two possible solutions:
- Downgrade the TAP driver to the old version (the one provided with tinc)
- Upgrade the TAP driver to the fixed version which is included in the
latest OpenVPN installers at
http://openvpn.net/index.php/download/community-downloads.html

Note that I did not have time to test the new driver version so I
don't know if it will work reliably (or even if it really fixes the
issue). If in doubt, you should downgrade.