Windows TAP Problems?

Adam Del Vecchio adam at corona.xyz
Mon Dec 15 22:04:42 CET 2014

Hello tincers,

I was recently trying to add a new Windows client to my tinc network and
ran into an interesting error; upon starting tinc I am met with the
usual successful startup (debug level 0; detects TAP device; Ready),
however it appears that any writes/reads from the TAP device fail with:

"Error while writing to Windows tap device <device ID truncated>: (997)
Overlapped I/O operation is in progress"

A bit of googling doesn't reveal much except some possible intrusions by
a couple of recent Windows KB updates. Is this some glaring failure of
my own that I am just not seeing, or have the new updates incapacitated
tinc in one way or another?

Thanks!

--

Adam Del Vecchio