Fwd: UDP behind a NAT

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Thu Apr 24 20:18:14 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 07:05:22PM +0100, David Markey wrote:

> > > Great! How do I enable this feature?
> >
> > It's on by default, just make sure to remove TCPOnly = yes from your
> > tinc.conf.
>
> Oh when I do that then I get the error which I stated in my first post.
> However my TCP and UDP ports are different. Should that make a difference?

It should not make a difference. Note that you can still get that error
message, especially in the beginning when keys still have to be exchanged.
Sometimes one side already has the new session key and starts sending UDP
packets, while the other side still has to receive the key.

I don't know if you set any other options, if so try removing everything from
tinc.conf except the Name, Mode (if you have that), and ConnectTo variables.