tinc 1.1pre10 slower than tinc 1.0, experimentalProtocol even more

shikkc shikkc at kirktis.net
Thu Apr 17 18:45:56 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-17 04:23, Henning Verbeek wrote:

> Sorry, my bad here. I misread the config. The two tinc daemons run on
> separate ports. All good *phew* :)

Just out of curiosity, are the daemons in separate physical hardware? I ask
because I have tried a wide variety of configurations with multiple daemons
on the same machine, and have noticed that without fail the CPU will fully
saturate if two daemons on the same machine are on the same VPN. This has
been true both inside and outside of various visualization technologies, as
well as in cases where the two instances should not be able to talk to each
other (e.g. even when they do not have each other's host file, and
TunnelServer = yes). I have not really done any further digging aside from
taking this as a good sign I should not do it.