BF_encrypt & BF_decrypt when using AES ?

Florent B florent at coppint.com
Fri Apr 11 14:00:57 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm doing some perf profiling, and I can see that BF_encrypt &
BF_decrypt of libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (used in tincd) are consuming CPU time.

I'm using Tinc 1.0.23 and Cipher = aes-128-cbc

BF_encrypt & BF_decrypt seems related to Blowfish
(https://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/blowfish.html).

Is it normal that BF functions are used even if AES is used ? I do not
know anything about it so I'm just asking :)

I have configured "Cipher = aes-128-cbc" only on the node that has
"ConnecTo", is this the right way to do or does it have to be both side
? (example : node1 is configured without ConnecTo, and only have node2
public key in config, but node2 has ConnectTo and Cipher for node1)

Thank you ;)