tinc 1.0 stop working on XP

Raul Dias raul at dias.com.br
Sat Jun 8 01:35:33 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have some Windows XP remote machines that need to connect to a VPN.
Everything was working very well for more than a year.

Last week one of this XP machines stop working.

The service does not start at boot (I can start it manually).
After manually starting it (services or tincd -n net) there is no
traffic/ping.

I have reinstalled the TAP interface.
I have deleted and reinstalled the tincd service and TAP device.
Firewall is disabled.

Running with debug 5, I can see the connections.  When pinging it seems to
go fine, but ping times out.
It really seems to be a routing problem (or firewall blocking), but I have
no clue.

The configuration is very simple:

tincd.conf:
  Name = client1
  ConnectTo = server

hosts\client1:
  Subnet = 10.10.119.1/32

client1 tap tcp4 interface:
  IP: 10.10.119.1
  Netmask: 255.255.0.0
  Gateway: empty
  DNSes: empty

server: 10.10.6.1 (10.10.6.0/24 on hosts).

Any ideas?

Thanks