Windows 8 support?

fantomtk fantomtk at yandex.ru
Sun Feb 17 15:25:16 CET 2013

17.02.2013, 17:38, "Guus Sliepen" <guus at tinc-vpn.org>:

> Is it also a problem when you create and edit the configuration using the tincctl utility?

Can't answer to that question now, but I will test that issue tomorrow and post the results here.

BTW, if you need to test new tinc versions on different Windows platforms (WinXP/Win7/Win8/WinSrv2003/WinSrv2008), feel free to email me on dev at at.pstu.ru or this email. Also, we have been developing a GUI for tinc1.1 for a little while (as a part of teaching our students the C++ language and Qt libraries in the corresponding courses). Here is a screenshot of the latest version: http://s2.ipicture.ru/uploads/20130217/9fT25vvO.jpg (running on Win8Pro x64 by the way). Unfortunately, at this moment it is not cross-platform (Windows-only because of some platform-specific code parts), but alerady implements basic functions (displaying a log, ping selected hosts, build network graphs, get edges/connections info and so on), and some advanced (like messenger-like animated popups, clients roster, managing internal IPs (DHCP-like behaviour), UPnP/NAT-PMP support, JSON-based config profiles, libnice integration (albeit in early alpha stage)). If you are interested in our project, you also can contact us at dev at at.pstu.ru.

Best regards
Igor I.Bezukladnikov