Android GUI for tinc

Vil Brekin vilbrekin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:03:18 CEST 2012

Hi Adam,

As for tinc on linux, you'll need a TUN/TAP device on android as well
(my app is just a basic GUI over the standard tinc daemon). I'm not
sure it's available on every ROM. I use CM9/10 on a SGS2, and the
driver is included in the kernel.
Same, you can disable root usage in the application (in the settings),
but it's probably needed to access the TUN/TAP device anyway...

The GUI is minimalistic, and is mainly used to deploy the tincd binary
and launch/monitor it easily.
For the configuration, the easiest solution is to build it from a PC
and copy it to your phone's SD card.
This might not be easy enough for the average android user, however I
guess tinc's user are more in the geek category :)

Anyway, any feedback is welcome to help me improving it.

Rgds,