Error when compiling tinc 1.1pre3 - configure: error: "curses header files not found."

Pierre Emeriaud petrus.lt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 19:08:44 CET 2012

Hello,

> But when i'm running make I get this error:
>
> root at ubuntu:~/tinc-1.1pre3# make
> Sorry, command-not-found has crashed! Please file a bug report at:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/command-not-found/+filebug
> Please include the following information with the report:
<snip>

this is not a tinc compilation error but rather a ubuntu
command-not-found crash (make wasn't found on your system, so
command-not-found script was invoked and crashed).

do the following to install make, gcc.. :
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential

it should install make and gcc, and the libc-dev package.

regards,
petrus