TINC - sometimes working a bit

novacase at gmx.net novacase at gmx.net
Thu Jun 21 13:12:49 CEST 2012

Hi!

>On PROM, DAE and VOY you need to add routes to PAN's 192.168.0.0/16 subnet, and on PAN you need to add routes to the 10.0.0.0/8 subnet. For example, on PROM you need to run this command once:

>netsh routing ip add persistentroute 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 "tinc" 10.69.15.1
This didn't work for me (interface name was not found, even though it's correct), but "route -p add" worked out fine!

However, this was not enough. I had to enable RRAS (Routing and RAS service) to get it up. But now it's working perfectly!

Thank you so much! I really love this tinc-solution, because it requires just a little itsy-bitsy port to be opened - which doesn't result in that awful GRE problem. In fact GRE was the reason why I had to use tinc - my router (the 192.168.-one) doesn't permit to change the IP to e.g. 10.x.x.x nor allows it adding a GRE-forward.

THANK YOU!!!!

Best regards!