netname by id - possible?

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Wed Jul 4 08:38:49 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 10:39 +0200, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> > Node supplies id A on handshake -> netwerk abc
> > Node supplies id X on handshake -> network xyz

> No. Why would you want to do this anyway?

For sheer east of administration? Only one net can use the default port
655. So at the moment, in order to manage several different nets you
need to constantly allocate different ports, and having to set a (not
default 655) port for every different network is somewhat tedious. After
all, you set a name. :)

The current design is certainly good for security because each net's
traffic is in a different process. Thus I don't expect you to change it,
but it is a shame they can't all just use port 655 and be done with it.

AfC
Sydney