Can I use it to FIX my internet connection?

Donald Pearson donaldwhpearson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:18:16 CET 2012

Oh I never meant for the script to retrieve that information.  That's
something you look up first and define directly in the script.

It would require re-configuring the script every time you change networks
which is perhaps more common on a laptop.  Or whenever the local network's
gateway to the internet changes but that's usually pretty rare.

But I did find this with some googling.

@For /f "tokens=3" %%* in (
'route.exe print ^|findstr "\<0.0.0.0\>"'
) Do @Set "DefaultGateway=%%*"

You can then call %DefaultGateway%.

So the only other piece you would need for this to be more universal is a
way to determine what the remote Tinc server's WAN IP is.  You could
possibly write something that would read the hostfile, in which case you
would execute this script with a hostfile input, do something similar to
the snippet above to extract the remote hostname or IP and set that to
maybe RemoteTinc.  Or maybe there's a more direct way in tinc-up?

So..    route ADD %RemoteTinc% MASK 255.255.255.255 %DefaultGateway%