Misunderstanding of Subnet directive in hosts files

SVM svm7 at mail15.com
Sat Aug 18 15:30:30 CEST 2012

Hello!

Could someone, please, explain to me the meaning of Subnet directive in
configuration file of host, because I really don't understand this.

http://www.tinc-vpn.org/documentation/tinc_4.html#Configuration

"The subnet which this tinc daemon will serve."??? I assign an IP from
apropriate subnet to interface, what does it mean "will serve"?

I've read documentation, but it doesn't make sense to me and my
configuration seems to work fine without any Subnet directive specified.

In which case should I use Subnet?

I have simple tinc.conf:

Name = aaa
Interface = tap0