redirect-gateway and p2p-Traffic

Jan Lühr tinc at stephan.homeunix.net
Sun Apr 8 20:56:40 CEST 2012

Hello,

http://www.tinc-vpn.org/examples/redirect-gateway/ explains how to set up a
default route using tinc. However, in my understanding tinc's p2p traffic is
routed via tinc there:
Assume a network: Client A, Client B and a Server S. A and B have "ConnectTo
S" in their config, S is used as a gateway providing 0.0.0.0/0 . All packets
send from A to B will be delivered to <public_ip_address_of_b>:655/udp. Since
A will route through S these packages will travel through S.

Am I right? Is there a simple workaround for enabling direct communication, if
A and B are using dynamic ip-addresses? (Without iptables marking & policy
based routing)

Thanks,
Keep smiling
yanosz