Problem with init script of tinc in debian squeeze

Graeme Tattersall wildph at wildph.net
Fri Sep 16 01:09:54 CEST 2011

On 15/09/2011 22:50, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> I am running Tinc on debian squeeze, when I reboot, the tincd daemon
> is not running at all, despite having the right link in rc2.d:
>
> root at box /etc/rc2.d [9]# ls S03tinc*
> S03tinc
>
> When I do /etc/init.d/tinc start, it works fine.

Afaik this is related to Debian having changed the way it starts it's
init-script services from Squeeze onwards.

  see:  http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot

You need to make the tinc init script into a LSB compliant script.
Particularly, you need to add this kind of text at the top of the init
file.