Weird behaviour between Windows Vista & Windows 7 VPN - can anyone help?

Alan S. Lawee info at polygration.com
Sun Jun 12 20:34:15 CEST 2011

I am trying to connect a Windows Vista (Home) machine to a Windows 7
(Office) machine.  I set up the tinc config files normally, and I am able to
see the Vista (Home) machine from the Window 7 (Office) machine, but I
cannot seem to do the reverse.  I am beginning to wonder if this might be a
known issue that someone has seen before.

My configuration is as follows:

                Office PC (Windows 7)

                                LAN card: 192.168.1.7/24

                                Tinc TAP adapter: 192.168.19.1/24

                Home PC (Windows Vista)

                                LAN card: 192.168.2.8/24

                                Tinc TAP adapter: 192.168.19.2/24

Config files & debug logs are attached.  Routing tables seem to be correct
on both machines.  Tinc was installed under the 'administrator' user
account. I added a manual route on each side to the physical LAN on the
other side using the 'route add' command ('net route add' under XP).  The
broadband router on each side is configured to forward traffic on port 655
to the PC running tinc.

Thanks for the help.  Best Regards,

Alan S. Lawee

Email: info at polygration.com.