tinc and vde

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue Feb 8 10:06:42 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 12:37:59AM +0100, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote:

> guus on irc: I just added #vde support to #tinc, it can connect to a
> vde_switch now using libvdeplug.
>
> I want more info :) If I can use tinc with vde I think I can test
> FairVPN with Planet Lab finally ! :)

Ok, after getting the latest master branch from git, do:

autoreconf -fsi
./configure
ln -sf vde/device.c src/device.c
make

This will get you a tincd binary that will connect to a VDE socket instead of a
tun/tap device.  The configuration options are:

Device = <path to VDE ctl directory> (default: /var/run/vde.ctl)
VDEPort = <port number to connect to> (default: 0)
VDEGroup = <group name> (default: empty)

It loads the libvdeplug library dynamically.

> btw: I had a very great time at FOSDEM with you guys :)

Me too :)