using multiple physical interfaces

Brian Prodoehl bprodoehl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 06:46:34 CEST 2011

What is the suggested way of configuring tinc 1.1pre2 for multiple
physical interfaces between the nodes?  In my configuration, each node
has a few IPv4 addresses (a base address for the node, and an address
for each physical interface).  Route to the other node's base address
can jump around from one physical interface to another at runtime.
I've just been using the node's base address in the Address field of
the host file.  With the TCP transport, there doesn't appear to be a
problem with this, but with the UDP transport, the source address of
the packets are that of the outgoing interface, which doesn't match
the Address field of any node, so the packets get dropped.  Hopefully
what I described makes sense.

I guess what I'd like is a way to specify several other addresses that
belong to a host, just for the purpose of mapping UDP packets to a
source host in tinc.  Is there any other way of getting this to work
right?

-Brian