TCPOnly is required since 1.0.13?

Michael Adams madams at ezrac.com
Mon Nov 29 15:31:51 CET 2010

Thought I saw a changelog note saying TCPOnly & PMTUDiscovery were
optional by now, since it auto-tries both. My host files are smaller
these days from that change.

On 2:59 PM, wildph at wildph.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded some of my Tinc nodes from 1.0.8 recently and found something
> strange.
>
> All of a sudden, the vpn would not work as a full-mesh. Certain nodes
> were not contactable.
>
> I re-generated my rsa-keys, and checked my configuration.  My vpn uses
> the following in tinc.conf, as I am routing both ipv4 and v6.
>
> ===
> name = node1
> mode = switch
> AddressFamily = any
> PMTU = 1280
> PMTUDiscovery = yes
> TCPonly = no
> ConnectTo = hub1
> ConnectTo = hub2
> ConnectTo = hub3
> ===
>
> My VPN has some hosts called by nodex.  These nodes are dynamic-ip, and
> set to contact (connectTo) the hubs when they bring up their tincd.
>
> The hubx nodes are fixed-ip, and are connected to each other in a full mesh.
>
> With TCPonly = no, the vpn would only connect to ONE of the hubs, and
> traffic would not be routed to any other host on the vpn.
>
> In order to get full mesh functionality back, I have had to set TCPonly
> to yes, on all nodes.
>

> Hope this helps someone
>

> Graeme

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The contents of this email do not necessarily represent the views or policies of E-Z Rent-A-Car or employees.