AW: Windows 7 64-bit clients with high latency

René dreckmail at gmx.net
Thu Nov 25 10:41:13 CET 2010

>On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 23:05, Dirk Krause <dirk.krause at confuture.com>
>wrote:
>>>I've experienced the same problem with a potential customer of mine.
>>>
>>>Interestingly, the problem here affected both tinc and openvpn, which
>>>suggests that it might be a problem outside of tinc, possibly the tap
>>>driver?
>>
>> Is there a solution for the tap device problem?
>
>The problem is in the windows tap driver for 64 bit.
>Windows 7 32 bit version does not have any problem

To me it seems as if it was a problem of communication between windows 64-bit an 32-bit clients. I have tested hosts in the same vpn running windows 7 64-bit (prof. and home prem.), windows xp 32-bit, windows server 2003 32-bit. Connections between two 64-bit clients act normal, as well as the do between two 32-bit clients. Only pings from 64-bit to 32-bit go up to 2000 ms.