question from openvpn user, how to "redirect-gateway" in tincd

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Thu Nov 11 00:22:45 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag, 11. November 2010, 00:01:25 schrieb Guus Sliepen:
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 06:11:48PM +0100, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote:
> > The current gateway value is in some env variable ? Or I have to write
> > my own script to grep that out or there is something already available
> > ?
>
> You grep it out of the current routing table. I have added an example to
> the wiki:
>
> http://tinc-vpn.org/examples/redirect-gateway/
>
> There are other ways to do it, but this is fairly simple and robust, I
> think.

Yay, cool! :) Didn’t know about the 128.0.0.0/1-trick, yet.

> Also, if there are BSD or MacOS/X users: many examples on the wiki contain
> Linux specific scripts, it would help if these were ported to other
> platforms as well.

AFAIR, you will mostly be fine, when using the ip command, since it should be
available in *bsd, too. Everything else should just be posix compatible and
should run just fine or will at least be portable with not much effort. As for
windows, this is not that easy, I guess.

bye then
julian