tinc on macosx

Hinnack henrik.genssen at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 30 09:29:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have macosx 10.5.8 and Tunnelblick (openvpn) installed before.
I have installed tinc using port and got version 1.0.11 (Jun 29 2010
15:10:51)

now I have 2 problems:
1) the interface variable from the tinc.conf is not used, instead I have a
tun0 interface (or tap0).
2) the tinc-up script seems to be fired too early as I get an
error: ifconfig: interface /dev/tap0 does not exist
when I run ifconfig on console after start everything works fine

is this already known? is there a workaround for this?

btw: it would be helpful, if someone could add to the docs here:
http://tinc-vpn.org/examples/osx-install/
how to configure tinc for autostart on macosx

regards

Henrik