New issue, configuring 2 Vista nodes

Peter Dey tinc at realmtech.net
Wed Jul 21 15:08:40 CEST 2010

> I am trying to configure 2 Vista nodes.  For testing, I put them both on the
> same LAN & subnet, and after figuring out that Vista puts the RSA_Key
> private File & the Hosts files in a different directory {
> \USERS\username\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES\TINC\ (+hosts\) },

FYI, the config files are appearing here because you're not running the command
prompt (or installer?) as an actual Administrator.

When you fire up the command prompt to create/edit the files, you should
right-click the Command Prompt icon and click "Run as Administrator".  Otherwise
Windows just assumes it's a misbehaving legacy program trying to write into
C:\Program Files.

Cheers,
Peter