Question about meshing

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Jul 4 22:14:01 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 06:31:39PM +0200, Daniel Schall wrote:

> How far did you get with tinc 2.0 already?

Well, libfides, a library to manage authorisation, is working:

http://tinc-vpn.org/git/fides

I see this as a crucial part for tinc 2.0. However, as for tinc 2.0 itself, I
have some attempts lying around, but I have not created anything that works
yet, otherwise it would already be online. A good idea might be to see if
libfides can be used by the master or 1.1 branches.

> I'd be eager to implement a full-mesh capability, but if you plan to release
> v2 shortly, I don't think it's worth the effort.

If you want to implement full-mesh of meta connections in tinc 1.x, go ahead.
Even if I do get time to make a usable 2.0 this year, it will be very nice to
see which approach you take.