Question about meshing

Daniel Schall Daniel-Schall at web.de
Fri Jul 2 22:41:13 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am currently implementing the features I announced in May and I encounter
a strange behavior:

Assuming we got three nodes, A, B and C.

Nodes B and C both connect to node A.

A notifies both nodes about each other's UDP endpoints and B & C start
communicating directly (not via A).

So far so good.

If node A goes down for some reason, node B and C cannot send meta packets
to each other anymore and the nodes can't send UDP packets to each other any
longer.

My question is:

                Why don't all nodes establish a meta connection to each
other, so that a single node failure does not disconnect nodes?

I think the "ConnectTo" statement should only be needed in the beginning,
when an initial connection to the VPN is made.

After that, I suggest a full-mesh should be established between all nodes,
that can reach each other directly.

Best,

Daniel