Service wont start

Anon anon4321 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:53:32 CET 2010

WindowsXPsp3

All of the installation steps worked fine, it seemed.  But after I ran:

tincd -n vpn

even though I got:

tinc.vpn service installed
tinc.vpn service started

when I look at my connections (using ipconfig /all), the "Media State" is
"Media disconnected" for the "Ethernet adapter vpn:".

Further, when I look at Services, I find tinc.vpn with Startup Type =
Automatic, but the Status is "blank" and when I right click and select
"Start", I get the following message: "The tinc.vpn service on Local
Computer started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they
have no work to do, for example, the Perfomance Logs and Alerts service."

Of course, my icon in the task bar has a little red x in it.

This is my first attempt at this, so please be gentle!

Thanks